Causes related to pregnancy-
- In early pregnancy lower abdominal pain may be an indication of miscarriage or ectopic pregnancy.
- Premature labor occurs between the 20th and 37th week of pregnancy, when uterine contractions cause the cervix, the mouth of the uterus or womb, to open earlier than 37 weeks of gestation. This can result in premature birth. Regular uterine contraction associated with menstrual-like cramps with pelvic pressure that feels like your baby is pushing down.
- In placental abruption –abdomen is tense & tender associated with vaginal bleeding.
Causes other then pregnancy-
- Appendicitis is most common non obstetric cause acute surgical abdomen.
- Ovarian cyst rupture or ovarian torsion cause severe abdominal pain.
- Red degeneration of fibroid during pregnancy causes severe pain abdomen.
- Lower abdominal pain or supra pubic pain associated with dysuria, frequency, urgency occurs in urinary tract infection.
- In urolithiasis ( stone in urinary tract) -pain in lumbar or flank region associated with other urinary complains.
- Upper abdominal pain in epigastric region occurs due to gastritis or may be in high blood pressure.
- Gall bladder stone (cholelithiasis) pain mainly in right upper quadrant.
If you have any pain during pregnancy, consult your doctor. There are so many causes. Your doctor will do your clinical examination & ultrasonography if needed and treat accordingly.
Visit Jaipur Doorbeen Hospital and meet Dr. Sushila Saini for healthy pregnancy
Call us at 950 986 8888 or visit No. 78, 8, Devi Nagar Mod, Metro Pilar, 79, New Sanganer Rd, Jaipur, Rajasthan 302019